Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Challenge

I miss Santa Barbara.  What better time to visit than the sunny, beautiful, laid-back summer...during my birthday?

In the spirit of turning two dozen, and in the style of so many before me from the Santa Barbara community and elsewhere, I cordially invite everyone I know to help me get through what promises to be an epic day of all flavors of the rainbow of awesome.  Here's the menu:

- 240 boulder problems
- Ascend the Kerr Hall Arete 
- Bicycle 24 miles, including 2400 feet of elevation gain
- 24 minute ocean swim
- 24 minutes of solo meditation
- Drink 2.4 Double Bastards
- Perform 24 random acts of kindness
- Feed beef and beer to 24 people
- Collect 24 pounds of trash
- Have a 24 foot diameter bonfire

I have a rough idea of how the day might go, but I most definitely need some volunteers.  Primarily, I'll need some of the help that Micah Elconin got in his epic challenge (http://www.micahelconin.blogspot.com/), in terms of finding 240 boulder problems in the Santa Barbara hills.  I should state that Micah is one of the main inspirations for me in this challenge, and I pay tribute to his accomplishments by plagiarizing a few of the challenges on my list from his.  I'll also need help picking up trash, nabbing a guerrilla ascent of the Kerr Hall Arete, and eating and drinking.  The more the merrier.

No comments: